We all love a stone countertop for kitchen counters. It looks amazing and high-fashion and it can become the attraction in a kitchen. It is also durable because it withstand the scratches. Thus, the heat and any other situations have no chance. However, its porous surface also accumulates a lot of grime, dirt, and bacteria. That can ruin its appearance and deteriorate the surface. Furthermore, you can’t get away with any cleaner, especially store-bought ones which are too harsh. Keep reading and see how I make my own ideal DIY stone countertop cleaner.
Thus, follow this recipe to make your own ideal DIY stone countertop cleaner and use it immediately. The supplies you will need are:
– 16-ounce spray bottle
– liquid dish soap
– rubbing alcohol
– essential oil
– microfiber cloth or microfiber mop
1. Mix 1/2 cup of rubbing alcohol, 1/2 teaspoon of dish soap, and 1 1/2 cups of warm water into the spray bottle. The disinfecting properties of alcohol and the de-greasing power of dish soap will completely banish bacteria and grime from the stone countertop surface.
2. Also, you could add 20 drops of essential oil to the spray bottle. Thus, you will infuse the homemade stone countertop cleaner with a subtle fragrance. If it is a citrus essential oil, it’s even better, it will deodorize the stone surface. Moreover, other great options are basil, lavender, and cinnamon scents.
3. Now it is time to put back the spray head back onto the bottle and secure it tightly. Then, gently shake the bottle a few times to combine the ingredients. make sure to also label the bottle when you are storing it for better organization.
4. Wipe down the surface with a clean microfiber cloth. You should avoid abrasive scrubbers like steel wool, which can scratch that beautiful countertop. Then generously spray the homemade cleaner onto the entire countertop and wipe it down with a microfiber cloth.
If you still see build-up or stains on the surface, spray additional cleanser on the problem area and use a more vigorous circular motion to loosen and lift the grime. Once clean, quickly wipe up any remaining homemade stone countertop cleaner with a microfiber cloth.