Hey! Are you dealing with hard water stains and soap scum on your bathtub? This sounds like an A.S.A.P. cleaning solution! We all know that the acid found in vinegar and lemon is the best lime scale and soap scum dissolvent, but these solutions are a bit overrated, since I discovered the same effects in grapefruit, the big puls being that it will leave a pleasant fragrance behind.
So, if you want to avoid the pungent smell of vinegar when cleaning the bathroom, you may wisely replace it with grapefruit.
And as a bonus tip, it can remove the rust from a cast iron bathtub in minutes.
– 1 large grapefruit
– 1/4 cup of coarse salt
How to proceed with the cleaning process:
- Take the grapefruit and cut it in half. It will be enough to clean the entire bath, not only your rusty tub.
- Sprinkle plenty of coarse salt over one half. Now rinse the bathtub with cold water and start the scrubbing process.
- Rub each inch of the bathtub, including the faucet and the shower head. If there is no more salt on the grapefruit, sprinkle more.
- Continue the cleaning and use the other grapefruit half.
- At the end, rinse the grapefruit pulp off the faucets and bathtub. Your bathroom is now shining like a diamond!