Plastic containers are especially useful when you want to take a food package on a trip or to prepare your child’s snack. The problem occurs when the plastic starts to catch an unpleasant odor that persists even after washing. Here’s the solution:
Rinse the casserole and its cover thoroughly then try one of the following methods to get rid of the smell:
– Prepare a paste of baking soda and water and rub well inside the box with this mixture; let the mix act for 1-2 days, then rinse and repeat if odor has not disappeared.
– Pour the coffee grounds, dry or wet, in plastic box, close the lid and leave it until the smell is absorbed completely.
– Put a coal piece in the casserole, close the lid and let it stand until all smell will be absorbed.
– Rinse the container with lemon juice or rub the surface with a freshly cut slice.
– Put the bowl outside in direct sunlight.
– Split a few strips of newspaper and tamp down them in the casserole, cover the lid and let them sit like that for 1-2 days.