Commercial dusting sprays are becoming more and more uncertain to use in our home. For example, I was reluctant to use store-bought spray any further because I could not even begin to describe the ingredients. There are so many of them, it scared me that I spray all over in my house such chemicals. For this reason, I was trying to make a more natural alternative to see how it can work.
And to my surprise, it is exceptionally good. You might need something extra, even when you use only a microfiber cloth for dusting. Not to mention, it can also be natural. There might be some occasions when a dusting spray is necessary. For example, you might find streaks of dirt or grease mixed in with the dust. Hence, keep reading and see how to make your own natural DIY dusting spray. You will definitely love the nice citrus smell.
Let’s see how to make your own natural DIY dusting spray! Gather your supplies and be prepared.
Thus, you will need the following ingredients:
– 1 cup of water
– 1/4 cup of vinegar to get through grime, dirt, or grease
– 2 tsp of olive oil for wood polishing
– 10-15 drops of lemon essential oil for an incredible naturally fresh and clean smell
– and a spray bottle.
However, if you don’t like the citrus scent of lemon essential oil, there are others to choose from. You can always turn to bergamot, wild orange, grapefruit, or tangerine essential oils. They work well too and you will get to enjoy your favorite scent!
Furthermore, let’s see the directions on how to make this DIY dusting spray:
1. First off, combine the ingredients in a spray bottle.
2. Then, shake the bottle pretty well so you can make sure the ingredients are completely incorporated.
3. As you might know, oil and water don’t actually mix together. Thus, you will need to shake the spray bottle before each use. That way, you can distribute all the ingredients before cleaning.
4. The last step is spraying directly on the furniture and clean off any streaks with a clean, dry cloth. Due to the natural ingredients, the furniture is safe with you spraying directly on it. However, if you still think you might damage it, you can apply the spray on your cloth. Then, proceed with cleaning as always.
That’s all there is to it, a simple and effective homemade dusting spray. Maybe now you will enjoy dusting more and it will be less drudgery! Happy cleaning.