I have quite enough white cutting boards that I use daily. Hence, you can imagine that I managed somehow to stain it heavily. Because I want to keep my wood cutting boards for as long as possible, looking nice and clean, I used extensively my plastic cutting boards. However, because they have suffered that much, I wanted to clean them the best I can. Thus, I considered making a recipe, a DIY solution that could help me. Keep reading and see what I came up with, 2 methods you can easily use when you want to erase the stains from white cutting boards.
Here’s how to remove the stains from your white plastic cutting boards!
First off, you will need the following ingredients for this to work:
– Half of a lemon
– 10 drops of lemon essential oil
– 1/4 cup of water
Now, let’s see the steps you should follow to completely get rid of stains:
We’ll start off with the first method:
1. The first step consists of using only your half a lemon. Thus, squeeze its juice and then pour it onto your stained cutting board.
2. Do not throw away the lemon peel, use it to spread the juice. That way, you will cover the stains on your cutting boards.
3. Then, mix very well the juice to get into the nooks and crannies of your white cutting board surface.
4. Now, it is time to set your cutting board on the direct light of the sun, so it can soak up the juice on the stain.
5. Let it there in the sun for a while, eventually until the sun goes down.
6. After the time has passed, clean the cutting board in a soapy water. The stain should be gone but if you still see some little streaks, move on to the next method.
The second method is basically an extension of the first. The cleaning works best if you apply both of them. However, if you feel satisfied with only using the first method, you can skip this one.
7. Now, if the stain is still there, is time to apply this DIY solution. It is still based on lemon, so everything will work out just fine. Thus, mix the lemon essential oil drops in the 1/4 cup of water.
8. Then, take the sponge and dip it into this mixture.
9. When the sponge is soaked up completely, use it to wipe the lemon solution into your cutting board.
10. Make sure you scrub gently until the stains will be gone. That’s it.
Thus, you can say goodbye to toxic cleaners and detergents to get rid of stains from cutting boards. Using only a lemon, you will get the job done and it will be all-natural.