If you find some little ants in your house, well, this is weird to tell, you have so much more. That’s right, all of your corners might be a host for these little pests. I cannot stress enough how dangerous these ants are when it comes to your personal hygiene and health. Not to mention, if they get their own way into your food, they are even poisonous. Therefore, you and your family and pets are not safe. We all know some traditional methods to keep them away. However, over some time, they keep coming back. Thus, it requires a heavier workaround to keep them away forever. These being said, keep reading this article and find out some of the strongest and natural methods you should use to get rid of ants in your house!
1. One natural method would consist in cutting a cucumber into small slices. Then, place these slices on those areas where you know ants are more likely to use for getting in your kitchen. This works because they avoid the fragrance of the cucumber. Furthermore, you could actually use even bitter slices of cucumber, that will keep them away for sure.
2. Another method would be using soap water. You could make a DIY spray of dish soap and lukewarm water, it will definitely work against ants. You can spray it all over the entrance areas and you will be successful in getting rid of ants in your house.
3. Other solution would involve crushed mint leaves. You can use them simply as leaves or you can chop them, to make mint tea bags. These pests can’t handle the smell so you can make sure this solution is a good anti-ant agent.
4. Furthermore, you could also use a mixture of mint apple jelly with boric acid. Combining these ingredients would make for a great deterrent against these ants.
5. If you find ants in different corners of your kitchen, for example, you could place there some cloves. This method is preferable instead of just pouring soap solution, you don’t want to make a mess out of your house.
6. Another way to get rid of ants in your house is by making sachets with ingredients such as cloves, bay leaves, eucalyptus leaves, cinnamon sticks, peppercorns, and lavender. All of these combined would be highly effective because placing these sachets in your house will affect the ants. Thus, it will keep them away and they will stay away from your house.
7. Now, if you want a more aggressive approach, such as killing an entire ants’ colony, I have a solution for you. It is a DIY mixture of one teaspoon of borax, one liter of water, and a cup of sugar. Then, using some cotton balls, you can soak them in the solution and then place them in a container with holes. A good container would be a yogurt. The holes will allow ants access. How would this work? Well, once the ants get the bait, they will carry it to their colony thus causing a complete elimination.
There you have them all, these are the most effective natural methods I tried so far. These surely help me when I needed; hence, keep them in mind and try them out.