The kitchen sink is a perfect indication your house is clean and healthy. Thus, if you want to keep your family safe, keep your kitchen sink clean with these simple and practical tricks. Keep reading this article and check them out.
How to clean your kitchen sink with these simple 5 steps
1. Remove the dirt with a cloth or sponge.
Do not clean it with your hand. Also, do not try to drain the water along with all the debris. This is not a proper way to clean the kitchen sink.
Thus, you need to wash the sink with water and detergent only after all impurities have been removed. Change the sponge periodically, ideally once a week.
2. Apply a cleaning solution on the surface of the sink.
Try to cover all the surface, it will get cleaned evenly. Rub well with a soft, scratch-free cloth.
The best trick is to use vinegar because it decreases very well. You could also try a solution of bicarbonate and water. Make a paste and wash the sink with it. Rinse with water mixed in equal parts with white vinegar and then with plain water.
3. Insist in the drainage area and taps. You can use an old toothbrush to remove the dirt accumulated especially at the base of the sink battery.
In this manner, you will get to those small areas that need to be cleaned. It is the only efficient way to get the cleanliness of your sink.
4. Rinse thoroughly and remove any traces of detergent or cleaning solution.
Now that you got rid of the dirt and other things, you need to make sure you rinse everything well.
Use a paper towel to remove the taps. Wet cleaning towels are also very effective and very practical. Use them with confidence.
You could also do it yourself. Prepare your own wet wipes with natural ingredients. Use paper towels because they have the paper more resistant to moisture. Put them in a box that closes hermetically. Moist them with a water-based solution, one part white vinegar, 1/2 part medicinal alcohol or white alcohol and two-three tablespoons of dishwashing detergent. You also need to make sure you homogenized everything well, but without the solution making foam. After this, you can pour the mixture over the wipes.
Voila! Your own wet wipes.
5. Daily cleaning of the sink and valves means preventing stains.
Maybe your sink is clean. However, long usage may stain it. Don’t worry, we got the solution for stains too. Use warm water and detergent and clean the sink after each use.
Do not forget to pay attention to the sink’s material. This will help you to choose the best suitable and effective solutions to apply for the best cleaning. Thus:
– Porcelain and ceramic can be cleaned with warm water and soap, and stubborn stains can be removed with vinegar.
– Stainless steel can be cleaned with lemon juice or sodium bicarbonate diluted in water.
– The composite material can be kept clean with non-abrasive products.