There comes a time when you notice your silver jewels completely ruined. Due to long wear, all silver pieces of jewelry start to get quite tarnished. That’s when I knew I should do something to clean them but with caution. Eventually, I ended up using only natural ingredients since these are the safest option for jewels. Thus, in this article, you will find 2 DIY silver cleaner solutions so you too can shine back your jewels. Keep reading and see how you can make these DIY solutions quick and easy.
You are probably wondering why I used two different DIY solutions. Well, first of all, after I tried the first silver cleaner solution, I noticed that it worked pretty well. However, I didn’t get the same results for my serious tarnished jewels. Thus, I ended up making a second silver cleaner solution for dirtier pieces. Both end up working amazingly, so you should try them out.
Here are the ingredients for these 2 DIY silver cleaner solutions:
First DIY silver cleaner solution will need these ingredients:
– 1/2 cup boiling water
– 1/4 cup vinegar
– 3 tsp salt
– 3 tsp baking soda
The second DIY silver cleaner solution will need these ingredients:
– 1 cup boiling water
– 1 tbs baking soda
– tin foil
Let’s follow the instructions for proper cleaning:
1. Thus, first off, you will need to place tin foil in a bowl and then lay your jewelry out on the tin foil.
2. Bring water to a boil.
3. Then, the next step would be to add the baking soda and salt in the boiling water.
4. Start pouring the mixture into tin foil bowl.
5. Now, it is time to slowly pour the vinegar into the jewelry bowl. Don’t be scared if you see some bubbling, this is actually the reaction you are looking for. That’s how you know your silver jewelry is getting cleaned.
6. Lastly, let the mixture sit and do its job for 30 minutes.
7. As you will see by removing the pieces of jewelry from the bowl, some are cleaner than the other. In this case, it is time to turn to the second DIY solution.
8. Thus, boil more water and put the dirtier pieces of jewelry in the second DIY solution. Again, allow the mixture to do its job and wait for 20 minutes to soak. It will clean them even better and all black gunk will come off.